Health and Wellness
- September 18th, 2013Specialty sporting goods retailer offers the top ten ways to celebrate women and fitness
In honor of the 12th Annual National Women’s Health and Fitness Day on Sept. 26, Sport Chalet, Inc., a specialty sporting goods retailer, is encouraging women to take charge of their health and wellbeing by getting active.
- September 18th, 201321.8 percent of children poor – including over one-third of black and Hispanic children
US Census Bureau data released today reveals 46.5 million poor people in America in 2012, including 16.1 million children, essentially unchanged from 2011. Children remain the poorest age group in the country with a poverty rate 21 percent higher than before the Great Recession. There are 2.75 million more children living in poverty today than there were in 2007.
- September 18th, 2013
The ghosts and goblins may be coming out this Halloween, but your skeleton shouldn’t!
PCEC Encourages Men Across America To Have A Baseline Prostate Health Assessment During 24th Annual Prostate Cancer Awareness WeekSeptember 17th, 2013Free or low-cost screenings help diagnose second-leading cause of cancer death among men
Prostate cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death in men, but it is easily treated when caught early: the problem is that too often it is not.
- September 17th, 2013September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
The Aflac Cancer Center of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta released a public service video today seeking to encourage people across the country to find out how they can help fight childhood cancer and blood disorders.
- September 17th, 2013Affluent, educated, and young parents are worst offenders
As part of National Child Passenger Safety Week (September 15-21), Safe Kids Worldwide today released “Buckle Up: Every Ride, Every Time,” a new study that finds an alarming percentage of parents are not always taking the time to ensure their children are safely secured in vehicles.
- September 16th, 2013Oceana’s Protect Marine Wildlife Program chosen by consumers to receive $25,000
In celebration of its long-standing commitment to the environment, Santa Cruz Organic® announces it will donate $25,000 to Oceana to help protect marine wildlife.
- September 16th, 2013This year alone, 795,000 people in the United States will have a stroke. Use MySilverAge’s easy-to-follow brochure to learn how to handle medical emergencies before they happen.
A new study published in the Annals of Neurology shows that the incidence of ischemic stroke decreased by 36 percent among Caucasian or Mexican-Americans ages 60 and older between 2000 and 2010.
- September 16th, 2013September 15 game to raise awareness for prostate cancer and remind fans to “Know Your Stats”
On Sunday, September 15, Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) will take the field with the Chicago Bears to tackle prostate cancer. The hospital has teamed up with the National Football League (NFL) and the Urology Care Foundation to encourage men to get off the bench and be proactive about their health through the “Know Your Stats” campaign.
- September 16th, 2013California Milk Advisory Board offers lunchbox tips for a seamless back-to-school season
The sun is setting on summer and the hours spent at the pool are now being spent in the classroom. With over 79 million kids back in school this month (US Census), there’s less splashing and lots more lunch bags to be filled.