Health and Wellness
- February 12th, 2014
February is American Heart Month, and consumers should be aware that a high-sodium diet can increase their risk of developing high blood pressure. An estimated one in three Americans suffer from high blood pressure, which can increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease, the leading cause of death in men and women in the United States.
- February 11th, 2014The Allergen All-Star Pet Awards Features the Top 11, including Labradors, greyhounds, and iguanas
Dogs may be man’s best friend, but household pets of all shapes, sizes, and breeds can be an allergen nightmare for some families. Released today, the Allergen All-Star Pet Awards are here to help families concerned about allergens find the perfect companion.
New Relationship Research Available for Valentine’s Day Coverage: Dating Too Difficult for Most SeniorsFebruary 11th, 2014
A new Marist Poll sponsored by Home Instead Senior Care revealed more than half (56 percent) of Americans 68 and older, the Greatest Generation, say it would be more difficult to start dating than to stay single (44 percent).
- February 11th, 2014Dr. Sandy Feldman outlines benefits of a healthy diet and exercise on eyesight
With the New Year comes many resolutions, including resolving to exercise more and eat better.
- February 11th, 2014Parents-turned-entrepreneurs, autism specialists call for small business solutions
With mounting evidence that America is ill-prepared to serve the tsunami of young adults with autism aging out of school programs, parents-turned-entrepreneurs and autism leaders called for a national movement to create sustainable business ventures that will employ 500,000 adults with autism expected to seek employment over the next decade.
- February 10th, 2014Julia Mancuso was on the cover of our February issue of Natural Solutions and now she’s taken bronze in Sochi
Hoefl-Riesch went through the slalom in 50.90 seconds, giving her an overall time of 2:34.62 to take her second consecutive super combined gold medal. Austrian Nicole Hosp took home silver with an overall 2:35.02, while United States hopeful Julia Mancuso scored bronze at 2:35.15.
- February 10th, 2014Petco teams up with modern-day matchmaker, Samantha Daniels, to share how pets can help singles find love
For those who are single and looking for love this Valentine’s Day, Petco suggests pets may be the best wingmen around.
- February 10th, 2014Metals naturally occur in healthy soil; what is considered toxic?
Axiom Foods, whose Oryzatein® enzyme-extracted, whole grain sprouted brown rice protein is supplied to food manufacturers throughout the US, Europe, and elsewhere, is embarking on a campaign to educate consumers about the reality of heavy metals in plant foods.
- February 10th, 2014TIMEZ5 declares February “family month,” celebrating it as the center point of a healthy society
The Canadian celebration is going global. TIMEZ5 Global Inc.—the creators of the world’s first physiological prayer mat, winner of the GIES family award from HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum—is celebrating the family this whole month.