- November 12th, 2013Veteran’s Day 2013 - Make it a point to thank those that serve
The war to end all wars came to a close 95 years ago today. It was called Armistice Day for the next 30 plus years until a Kansas shoe store owner named Al King had the idea to expand Armistice Day to celebrate all veterans, not just those who served in World War I. By act of Congress, November 11th has been Veterans Day ever since.
- November 12th, 2013Germ experts at Coverall share tips on staying healthy during flu season
Keyboards are often the grimiest surface in your office. Coverall recommends you clean with EPA-registered disinfectants
- November 11th, 2013
“Thanksgiving is fast approaching and many people are feeling a sense of dread,” notes mindfulness blogger Dani DiPirro. “The holiday should fill us with gratitude, but it’s not unusual to feel more panicked than peaceful.
- November 11th, 2013UNICEF ready to deliver lifesaving supplies to children in areas hit by the storm
UNICEF expects children to be among the worst affected by Typhoon Haiyan, which tore through the Philippines yesterday. While the full impact of the disaster is still being assessed, an estimated 1.7 million children are believed to be living in the areas hit by the emergency.
- November 8th, 2013Nonprofit issues renewed call for citizens to unite with veterans and veterans organizations
The Disabled Veterans National Foundation (dvnf.org), a nonprofit veterans service organization that focuses on helping men and women who serve and return home wounded or sick after defending our safety and our freedom, is reminding Americans of the importance of Veterans Day.
- November 8th, 2013First large population-based study investigating long-term risks supports need for ophthalmologic follow-up of children and adults born before 32 weeks of gestation
Children born extremely prematurely have up to a 19 times greater risk of retinal detachment later in life than peers born at term, according to a Swedish study published this month in Ophthalmology, the journal of t
- November 8th, 2013Scar removal products company offers insight into the secrets of beautiful skin and how to age gracefully
Scarfade.com, a leader in scar treatment products, has introduced an infographic to help people learn the secrets of healthy-looking skin.
- November 8th, 2013Corgenix Medical Corporation, developer of the AspirinWorks® Test, says study highlights importance of measuring thromboxane biomarker to determine aspirin response
A major new study conducted in Ireland found that 20 percent of patients with established heart disease were not adequately protected by aspirin.
- November 8th, 2013Discover versatile wine pairings for an array of holiday foods and flavors
With so many people and palates arriving at your doorstep to celebrate the season, it’s important to offer an array of adaptable wines that pair with a variety of fall and winter fare. Here to the rescue is a budget-friendly selection of foolproof wines that promise perfect pairings every time.
- November 7th, 20132014 Ranking of Most Walkable US Cities and Neighborhoods
Just in time for 2014 New Year's resolutions to live healthier and save money, Walk Score issued the company's 2014 ranking of Most Walkable US Cities and Neighborhoods.