- November 14th, 2011Patients who use narcotics prior to knee replacement experience worse results.
Patients who are dependent on opioids (narcotic pain relievers) for pain management before knee replacement surgery have much more difficulty recovering, a study recently published in the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (JBJS) has found.
- November 14th, 2011Traditional Meal Increased by $6
A classic Thanksgiving meal will likely cost approximately 13 percent more to prepare than in 2010 based on findings from the American Farm Bureau Federation (AMBF).
- November 14th, 2011World Prematurity Day November 17, 2011
Preterm birth, birth before 37 weeks gestation, is a serious health problem that costs the United States more than $26 billion annually, according to the 2006 Institute of Medicine report.
- November 11th, 2011Holistic and Integrative Medicine More Common Elsewhere
Amy Murray, a 35-year old mother of two, had a sore throat for weeks. When she begun to have trouble swallowing, she thought she might have strep throat, and went to see her doctor.
- November 11th, 2011Age-Related Macular Degeneration Reversable
Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) is common with age, but can be avoided with proper nutrition.
- November 11th, 2011Company continues to expand its training activities and distributes 600,000 cocoa tree seedlings to support farmers.
Cargill's cocoa and chocolate business has agreed to continue to support Ivorian cocoa farmers and the development of the country's cocoa sector.
- November 11th, 2011
Water is imperative for life. Yet many Americans don’t know the full benefits of water consumption.
A study conducted by Harris Interactive and Propel water found that:
- November 10th, 2011Dogs serve in military, too.
On Veteran's Day, it's timely to consider that it's not only humans who serve in our nation's military. There are also more than 2,500 military working dogs (MWDs) on duty worldwide.
MWDs train alongside soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines; they also might parachute out of planes and accompany Special Forces soldiers on dangerous and secret missions.
- November 10th, 2011Ring In the holidays with the jingle bell run/walk for arthritis.
Get moving this holiday season with the Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis, a fun and festive 5K that supports the 50 million Americans living with arthritis, the leading cause of disability in the country.
- November 10th, 2011
Nordic Naturals, the industry leader in omega-3 fish oil, makes taking your daily fish oil easier than ever with Omega-3 Effervescent(TM). This innovative powder containing the omega-3s EPA and DHA mixes with water for a delicious orange-flavored beverage.