- June 27th, 2012The National Pest Management Association Offers Prevention and Treatment Tips
With the start of summer comes the appearance of common stinging insects, such as bees, wasps, hornets and yellowjackets, and the various related health risks that range from irritating but relatively harmless stings to the threat of serious allergic reaction.
- June 27th, 2012NeoGyn strives to educate women on painful health condition affecting sexual wellbeing
Vulvar pain is estimated to affect 14 million American women. Discomfort is incredibly common due to the sensitivity of vulvar skin and can generate symptoms such as pain, sensitivity to touch, itching, burning, redness, dryness, and even an inability to engage in sexual intercourse.
- June 27th, 2012Nationwide Financial survey identifies differences between retirees and Boomers nearing retirement
Despite the rising costs of health care and the hit many took from the recession, a Nationwide Financial survey released today reveals nine in 10 retirees with at least $250,000 in household assets are not concerned about paying for their future health care costs beyond what Medicare covers.
- June 27th, 2012Showcasing New Documentary to Raise Awareness About the Value of Donor Milk
Medela Inc., today announced a partnership with King West Pictures and the Northwest Mothers Milk Bank (NWMMB) to increase awareness of human milk banks and the value of breastmilk feeding, especially for preterm babies.
- June 26th, 2012Kaiser Permanente Study Finds Most Older Women Have Insufficient Levels of the "Sunshine Vitamin"
Older women with insufficient levels of vitamin D gained more weight than those with sufficient levels of the vitamin, according to a new study funded by the National Institutes of Health and published online today in the Journal of Women's Health.
- June 26th, 2012Scientists at The Brain Institute at the University of Utah unveil potential cognitive-enhancing effects in healthy adult women
Healthy, middle-aged women taking supplements of citicoline, a naturally occurring brain health nutrient, saw improved attention, focus and recall, according to a peer-reviewed study conducted by University of Utah scientists. The study was published Wednesday in Food and Nutrition Sciences.
- June 26th, 2012
Updating national nutrition standards for snack foods and beverages sold in schools could help students maintain a healthy weight and increase food service revenue, according to a health impact assessment (HIA) released today by the Kids' Safe & Healthful Foods Project and the Health Impact Project.
- June 25th, 2012"Visible Honor for Invisible Wounds" Event on Capitol Hill in Washington to Commemorate Day
Honor for ALL, in cooperation with the Code of Support Foundation, announced today that a special "Visible Honor for Invisible Wounds" event on June 27th will commemorate the third annual National Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Awareness Day.
- June 25th, 2012Breg Announces Five New Orthopedic Products
Breg Inc., a premier provider of sports medicine products and services, has introduced five new products, including a first-of-its-kind wraparound knee brace for osteoarthritis (OA) patients.
- June 22nd, 2012Second Annual Fresh Preserving Event by Jarden Home Brands Makers of Ball Brand Fresh Preserving Products
Jarden Home Brands, makers of Ball Brand home canning products, will host the Second Annual National Can-It-Forward Day on Saturday, July 14, to teach consumers how to preserve the fresh foods they love.