- June 26th, 2012Kaiser Permanente Study Finds Most Older Women Have Insufficient Levels of the "Sunshine Vitamin"
Older women with insufficient levels of vitamin D gained more weight than those with sufficient levels of the vitamin, according to a new study funded by the National Institutes of Health and published online today in the Journal of Women's Health.
- June 26th, 2012Scientists at The Brain Institute at the University of Utah unveil potential cognitive-enhancing effects in healthy adult women
Healthy, middle-aged women taking supplements of citicoline, a naturally occurring brain health nutrient, saw improved attention, focus and recall, according to a peer-reviewed study conducted by University of Utah scientists. The study was published Wednesday in Food and Nutrition Sciences.
- June 26th, 2012
Updating national nutrition standards for snack foods and beverages sold in schools could help students maintain a healthy weight and increase food service revenue, according to a health impact assessment (HIA) released today by the Kids' Safe & Healthful Foods Project and the Health Impact Project.
- June 25th, 2012"Visible Honor for Invisible Wounds" Event on Capitol Hill in Washington to Commemorate Day
Honor for ALL, in cooperation with the Code of Support Foundation, announced today that a special "Visible Honor for Invisible Wounds" event on June 27th will commemorate the third annual National Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Awareness Day.
- June 25th, 2012Breg Announces Five New Orthopedic Products
Breg Inc., a premier provider of sports medicine products and services, has introduced five new products, including a first-of-its-kind wraparound knee brace for osteoarthritis (OA) patients.
- June 22nd, 2012Second Annual Fresh Preserving Event by Jarden Home Brands Makers of Ball Brand Fresh Preserving Products
Jarden Home Brands, makers of Ball Brand home canning products, will host the Second Annual National Can-It-Forward Day on Saturday, July 14, to teach consumers how to preserve the fresh foods they love.
- June 22nd, 2012West Coast Locales Bookend the List While East Coast Scores Three Top Ten Spots
On the heels of Skin Cancer Awareness month and just in time for the first full day of summer, Daily Glow, a leading online health and beauty authority, today reveals its one-of-a-kind list of Daily Glow Beauty Spots: The Best and Worst Cities for Your Skin.
- June 22nd, 2012
Monday, June 11 marked the first national day of no kill in animal shelters in the USA, and, according to Animal Ark and the No Kill Advocacy Center, the event organizers, between 7,000 and 9,000 animals were saved that day because of it.
- June 21st, 2012
With the Supreme Court's decision on the healthcare reform act expected within the week, both hope and fear are building that the Court will stop healthcare reform in its tracks. But a healthcare futurist argues that the real reforms in healthcare will survive with or without the law.