- December 19th, 2011Goat gives birth at slaughterhouse and gets a second chance at life for her and her kid
For a lucky mother and child, all is calm and all is bright this holiday season. This week, just in time for Christmas, Farm Sanctuary, the nation’s leading farm animal protection organization, will make room at the “inn,” i.e.
- December 19th, 2011A roundup of 2011 global dairy research highlights the benefits of dairy products
As the New Year approaches, resolutions of losing weight and getting healthier are stacking up all over the world. However, with so many different fad diets, experts, websites and TV shows all touting different (and sometimes miraculous!) methods of how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, accomplishing your resolution can get quite confusing.
- December 19th, 2011Calorie Camp members can share progress, support other members and earn rewards for achievements
Calorie Count, a free award-winning online health and wellness Web site with more than 3 million members, has launched Calorie Camp, the first interactive and educational healthy lifestyle social network with gaming elements.
- December 16th, 2011Managing Holiday Stress with Alzheimer’s Disease
For most families, holidays are filled with opportunities for togetherness and sharing, but for a family dealing with Alzheimer's, holidays can also be stressful and filled with special challenges, according to the experts at the Alzheimer's Association.
- December 16th, 2011
Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) found in seafood are associated with lower risk of heart disease, improved immune function, health advantages in preterm infants and possibly lower risk of suicide, according to new research.
- December 16th, 2011Autism’s strong links to mercury mean new rules will protect kids’ brains
SafeMinds sees a brighter future after the implementation of long-overdue EPA regulation of hazardous air pollution from coal-fired power plants.
- December 16th, 2011Business agreement will allow for development of a sustainable industry
A sacred health practice that inspired a natural product line dedicated to the health benefits of cocoa has also inspired a landmark partnership.
- December 16th, 2011
There are two carcinogenic ingredients in Johnson & Johnson’s Baby Shampoo, dioxane and quaternium 15. Dioxane is a well-recognized contaminant in alcohol ethoxylates, a group of four ingredients, laureths, oleths, polyethylene glycol and polysorbates. Quaternium 15 is a precursor of two carcinogens, formaldehyde and nitrosamine.
For Those Watching Budgets this Holiday Season, Patient Advocate Group Californians for Patient Care Says Give Yourself the Gift of Good HealthDecember 16th, 2011
With the tough economic times and an 11.7 percent unemployment rate in California, Californians for Patient Care urges everyone who’s watching their budgets this holiday season to remember that good health is a great money saver.
- December 16th, 2011The revolutionary Vicks Behind Ear Thermometer takes gentle, accurate temperature readings in just 1-second
For parents, knowing how to take a child's temperature the correct way and whether environmental factors like sweat or drafts affect the accuracy of results can be a guessing game.