- August 12th, 2013
Perfect attendance is a real challenge for schoolchildren with asthma and allergies. Even so, many doctors, school nurses, and parents believe it’s well within reach for the millions of children heading back to school with these conditions.
- August 9th, 2013In Light of Food Poisoning Outbreaks, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Highlights Free Resources to Help Reduce Food Poisoning Risk
Food poisoning causes 48 million illnesses in the US each year. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics encourages everyone to reduce their risk with simple safety steps from www.HomeFoodSafety.org and by downloading the free Is My Food Safe?
- August 9th, 2013Anesthesiologists Call it “Game Changer”
Technology seen in sci-fi movies is being implemented in the real medical world. For more than 100 million Americans affected by chronic pain, a new FDA-approved neurostimulation treatment can help manage that pain—in many cases without the need for pain medication.
- August 9th, 2013
August is National Breastfeeding Month.
- August 9th, 2013National Pest Management Association Urges Caution When Dealing With These Dangerous Pests
As summer slowly begins to wind down, stinging insects are entering into their most active time of year as they forage for food that will sustain them during the winter.
- August 8th, 2013Rare exotic bloom causes big stink at Pittsburgh’s premier public garden.
In late August 2013 at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, one of the world’s rarest, largest, and smelliest flowers, the legendary corpse flower (Amorphophallus titanum), is set to bloom.
- August 8th, 20132013 Breastfeeding Hall of Excellence Inductees Announced
Medela today announced the induction of three honorees to the Breastfeeding Hall of Excellence. The inductees—Sherry Payne, MSN, RN, CNE, IBCLC; David Duresky; and V.
ManpowerGroup Sponsors Wounded Warrior Amputee vs. Green Bay Packer and NFL Alumni Flag Football ChallengeAugust 8th, 2013
ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions and proud supporter of military veterans, will sponsor the first Wounded Warrior vs. Green Bay Packer/NFL Alumni Flag Football Challenge, to be held Saturday, August 10 at 6:00 p.m. at St. Norbert College in De Pere, Wis.
- August 8th, 2013
Cases involving children ingesting magnets quintupled between 2002 and 2011, with ingestion of multiple magnets generally resulting in more serious outcomes, including emergency surgery.
- August 8th, 2013Sound Relief Hearing Center’s Dr. Julie Prutsman Addresses Hearing Issues Among School-Aged Children.
In conjunction with the end of the summer, Dr. Julie Prutsman of Sound Relief Hearing Center, Colorado’s premier provider of hearing and tinnitus services, today released recommendations for parents of school-aged children on child-specific hearing issues.