VSP® Vision Care Launches National “Clicks for Kids” Campaign to Provide Eyecare to Big Brothers Big SistersAugust 20th, 2013Campaign to benefit up to 25,000 Little Brothers and Sisters as they head back to school
This year, it is estimated that approximately 15 million children will go back to school with undiagnosed vision issues. Not seeing properly impacts how a child performs both inside and outside the classroom, as 80 percent of what children learn is through their eyes.
- August 19th, 2013
Not only is America experiencing scorching hot temperatures this summer, but many meals will be extra hot and spicy this upcoming Monday, August 19th, which marks National Hot and Spicy Food Day.
- August 19th, 2013Eye Associates of the South is raising public awareness about the vision risks to adults and children who do not wear sunglasses daily. Only about half of Americans wear sunglasses—and are even less likely to have their children wear them.
The glorious sunshine also causes serious vision problems. Yet nearly half of Americans still do not habitually wear sunglasses.
Sunglasses should be worn year-round. As a public service, Eye Associates of the South in Biloxi is working to increase awareness of this potential danger to vision.
- August 16th, 2013Regional foods shine in Asheville with culinary travel packages and fall recipes
Top chefs and home cooks across the country are returning to traditional dishes and preparations from the past—many of them borrowed from the larders and woodstoves of Southern Appalachia.
- August 16th, 2013Follows Successful Development of SaTo Toilet Pan for Southeast Asia; Goal Is to Improve Global Sanitation in Parts of the World with Scarcity of Water
In 2012, one of the most respected toilet manufacturers in the world partnered with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to develop the SaTo, a sanitary toilet pan designed to improve sanitation and reduce the spread of disease in Bangladesh.
- August 16th, 2013US Men Are Deficient in Almost Every Nutritional Category, but Top Nutritionist Advises a Balanced Approach to Supplementation
Nutritional deficiencies affect a variety of Americans for a variety of reasons, but according to the USDA, the US male population is unique because as a whole, men show deficits in nearly every nutritional category. However, experts warn men against mega-dosing on vitamins and minerals to reverse or address the problem.
Patient Advocate Foundation Launches Financial Assistance Program for Patients Battling Prostate CancerAugust 16th, 2013LIVESTRONG Foundation and Movember Grant Funding to Help Cover Expenses Associated with Radiation Therapy
Beginning today, prostate cancer patients now have access to financial support in the form of $1,000 grants that contribute towards the co-pay expenses associated with prescribed radiation therapy during treatment.
- August 15th, 2013Chocolate leads Americans’ favorite ice cream flavors, and cups conquer cones when it comes to consuming it
The decision is a very hard one. Should you go traditional or a little more ‘out there’? You know it’s hot and all you want is that nice cold treat: but which flavor are you going to go with?
- August 15th, 2013Company’s height-adjustable sit/stand desks increase worker health, productivity
More than one-third of American adults are obese, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Wisconsin-based KI Furniture has come up with a novel way to beat the epidemic—stand up at work!
- August 15th, 2013
On July 26, Smile Generation-trusted dentists and Pacific Dental Services® (PDS®) team members embarked on a trip to the Mission at Natuvu Creek on the island of Vanua Levu, Fiji’s second largest island, to provide free dentistry to those in need.