- September 27th, 2013EyePromise® EZ Tears now backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee
ZeaVision® the parent company of EyePromise eye vitamins has introduced a new 30-day money-back guarantee for their dry eye and contact lens comfort formula, EyePromise EZ Tears.
New Survey Reveals US Men with Advanced Prostate Cancer Worry More about Burdening Family and Friends Than DyingSeptember 27th, 2013As men live longer with disease, survey findings suggest patients and caregivers need increased opportunities for open dialogue and more comprehensive support
Astellas Pharma US, Inc. and Medivation, Inc. today announced results of a national survey of men with advanced prostate cancer and caregivers of men with advanced prostate cancer. Results showed that while patients who participated in the survey are generally optimistic, a good number may feel isolated in coping with their disease.
- September 26th, 2013Atlanta plastic surgeon says a more thorough understanding of anatomy can help women better monitor their breast health
There is more to breasts than meets the eye, says Atlanta plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Feldman. In fact, just as much breast tissue can be found in the underarm area, what is called the “axillary tail,” as in the visible breast mound. To raise awareness for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) in October, Dr.
- September 26th, 2013Michael J. Fox’s return to network television opens door to conversation about brain health
A new online survey of more than 2,000 US adults, sponsored by The Michael J.
- September 26th, 2013
September 2013 is the seventh annual Atrial Fibrillation Awareness Month. As one of the world’s leading atrial fibrillation (AF or afib) awareness-raising organizations, StopAfib.org has shared a wealth of information about this potentially life-threatening disease.
- September 25th, 2013Survey finds some feel they are indispensable and can’t miss work when they’re sick
Cold-and-flu season is notoriously unpredictable, but there’s one thing you can count on: People will get sick. And when they do, many will bring their germs to work, putting others at risk.
- September 25th, 2013
Garden of Life™, the #1 selling whole foods supplements brand in the Natural Products Industry according to SPINS, has received the Non-GMO Project Verification seal for 44 of its Vitamin Code supplements.
- September 25th, 2013Frost & Sullivan: Targeted intake of dietary supplements substantially reduces the risk of disease-related events and associated hospitalization costs
The current US health care system does not place a strong emphasis on preventive medicine. Approximately 75 percent of total healthcare expenses are on preventable diseases, while only 3 percent is invested in disease prevention programs. Although the cost-effectiveness of prevention is still under debate, its role as a component in overall health and wellness is gaining traction.
New Study: Improving Oral Care for People with Chronic Conditions Can Reduce Costs for Employers and Improve Health for EmployeesSeptember 25th, 2013
- *Better dental care for people with chronic medical conditions can reduce medical costs by more than $1,000 per person per year, even after the added expense of providing the dental care
- *Companies that integrate medical benefits with dental benefits can provide their employe
- September 24th, 2013
Some people think consuming refined sugar is harmless. They allow themselves that indulgence every so often, and if they have children, they allow them candy, cake or ice cream. “Hey,” they might say, “we all deserve to enjoy ourselves once in a while; life is short!” Yes it is, and such folks might be making life even shorter.