- August 9th, 2013
August is National Breastfeeding Month.
- August 9th, 2013National Pest Management Association Urges Caution When Dealing With These Dangerous Pests
As summer slowly begins to wind down, stinging insects are entering into their most active time of year as they forage for food that will sustain them during the winter.
- August 8th, 2013Rare exotic bloom causes big stink at Pittsburgh’s premier public garden.
In late August 2013 at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, one of the world’s rarest, largest, and smelliest flowers, the legendary corpse flower (Amorphophallus titanum), is set to bloom.
- August 8th, 20132013 Breastfeeding Hall of Excellence Inductees Announced
Medela today announced the induction of three honorees to the Breastfeeding Hall of Excellence. The inductees—Sherry Payne, MSN, RN, CNE, IBCLC; David Duresky; and V.
ManpowerGroup Sponsors Wounded Warrior Amputee vs. Green Bay Packer and NFL Alumni Flag Football ChallengeAugust 8th, 2013
ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions and proud supporter of military veterans, will sponsor the first Wounded Warrior vs. Green Bay Packer/NFL Alumni Flag Football Challenge, to be held Saturday, August 10 at 6:00 p.m. at St. Norbert College in De Pere, Wis.
- August 8th, 2013
Cases involving children ingesting magnets quintupled between 2002 and 2011, with ingestion of multiple magnets generally resulting in more serious outcomes, including emergency surgery.
- August 8th, 2013Sound Relief Hearing Center’s Dr. Julie Prutsman Addresses Hearing Issues Among School-Aged Children.
In conjunction with the end of the summer, Dr. Julie Prutsman of Sound Relief Hearing Center, Colorado’s premier provider of hearing and tinnitus services, today released recommendations for parents of school-aged children on child-specific hearing issues.
- August 7th, 2013
Most people think the main reason we get wrinkles is because of too much sun. That's why we stay out of it when we can, wear sunblock when we go outside, and never, ever get within 15 feet of a tanning bed. So why are we still getting wrinkles?
- August 7th, 2013
The Vitamin Shoppe has announced that on August 17th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time, Vitamin Shoppe stores across America will host a free “Share the Health” Expo.
- August 7th, 2013Beginning in August, City Year will be prominently featured at Beach Boys Concerts to raise awareness and funds for the national service education program in cities across America
Beach Boys lead singer, Mike Love, announced today the band will be making a year-long commitment to City Year, a national education-focused organization that unites young AmeriCorps members for a year of service in high-need public schools.