Deserving Senior Caregivers to be Rewarded through “Caring for the Caregiver” Program Sponsored by Twilight Wish Foundation and ParentgivingAugust 22nd, 2013Caregiver nominations taken online at www.twilightwish.org until October 15
The national nonprofit Twilight Wish Foundation and Parentgiving are pleased to announce the “Caring for the Caregiver” award. According to a recently released Bureau of Labor Statistics survey, over 39 million Americans provide hours of unpaid care to someone over the age of 65. Caregivers often struggle with their own physical, financial, and mental needs.
- August 22nd, 2013National Sleep Foundation launches comprehensive insomnia resource center
The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) launched a new website today, www.insomnia.sleepfoundation.org, to help individuals who suffer from insomnia. The website is a comprehensive resource containing information on insomnia causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- August 22nd, 2013DSM Nutritional Products and Pop Warner Little Scholars team up to build awareness on importance of nutrition for healthy, active kids
Participation in team sports helps young people gain fundamental skills and values useful for the rest of their lives.
- August 21st, 2013New PREDIMED research suggests eating nuts such as pistachios more than three times per week as part of a Mediterranean diet may provide long-term health benefits
Research has shown pistachios can be an important part of a heart-healthy diet. A new observational cohort study on mortality adds to the good news with evidence that adding tree nuts, such as pistachios, to a healthy Mediterranean diet may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- August 21st, 2013
Valerie Lull’s new book, “Ten Healthy Teas,” is a portal into the fascinating world of tea. Each section includes a description or history of a particular kind of tea, followed by a collection of recipe ideas.
- August 21st, 2013ResMed Offers Tips for Creating a Family Sleep Schedule; Solutions to Manage Sleep Apnea in Men, Women, and Children
School is right around the corner, and as families switch from the looser schedules of summer to the schedule-driven fall, sleep is a critical factor of that transition.
- August 21st, 2013
Amazon Origins today announces anti-inflammation benefits for a new-to-market supplement, Amacari, made from 100% camu camu berries sustainably harvested from the Amazonian River Basin in Brazil.
- August 21st, 2013Association Advocates for Continued Use of Antihyperglycemic Medications Within FDA Guidelines
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) today released its diabetes and ca
- August 20th, 2013Orthopaedic surgeons provide safety tips to avoid football, soccer and other fall sport injuries
The end of summer means the start of practice for soccer, football, volleyball, and other fall sports, and unfortunately, related injuries too.
Statistics from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) show the following results for individuals treated in emergency rooms and doctors’ offices in the US during 2012:
WILDFIRE! American Humane Association Offers Tips to Help Protect You, Your Family and Your Pets Before, During and After a WildfireAugust 20th, 2013
Wildfires are terrifying and dangerous phenomena. Officials are working valiantly to battle the blazes in Idaho but it is important for all families to be prepared. To help, here are some tips from American Humane Association and the experts at its Red Star™ emergency services program to help protect you, your family and your pets in the event a wildfire threatens you: