Get Dad a Checkup for Father's Day
According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, only 57 percent of men in the US have visited a doctor in the last year, compared to 74 percent of women. Patient Fusion, the personal health platform, is encouraging everyone to remind their dads to see a doctor this Father's Day. Regular checkups can help men catch early warning signs for dangerous heart disease, diabetes, or cancers.
During a health technology panel hosted by Patient Fusion earlier this week, Dr. Mehmet Oz—host of the Emmy Award-winning The Dr. Oz Show—reported that women can play a key role in convincing men to see a doctor: “Men care about their health, but not nearly as much as women, and they don't understand the bigger ecosystem of how health affects the family ...What you really want to get men to realize is that when they have a heart attack, and they die because they didn't take care of themselves, they leave their family abandoned ...They need to understand that you're counting on them to be around, that you love them, and you want them to love themselves as much as you do.”
- * Only 36 percent of patients booking doctor's appointments on Patientfusion.com are men
- * 40 percent of men in their 40s have never had a cholesterol test and one-third of men simply refuse to go for annual check-ups, according to the International Society for Men's Health
- * Waiting time is a key reason why men don't visit the doctor, according to a study published in the American Journal of Public Health
- * With more than 27,000 doctors available for online appointment booking today, Patient Fusion makes it faster and easier for dads to book a doctor's visit
- * Tech-loving dads will also appreciate Patient Fusion's instant access to their online medical records and lab results after their check-up
- * Visit www.patientfusion.com to make an appointment today!