Celebrate National Women’s Health and Fitness Day the Sport Chalet Way
In honor of the 12th Annual National Women’s Health and Fitness Day on Sept. 26, Sport Chalet, Inc., a specialty sporting goods retailer, is encouraging women to take charge of their health and wellbeing by getting active.
Whether enjoying a favorite sport or trying something new, regular physical activity is an important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Sport Chalet offers 10 ways to celebrate this year’s National Women’s Health and Fitness Day:
- 1. Grab a pair of running shoes, put on a high-energy playlist, and hit the pavement. Whether it’s for a light jog or to train for a marathon, make sure to always push it to the limit.
- 2. Head for the great outdoors to enjoy a hike, and keep climbing to the top. Keep a healthy mindset and stay hydrated with a CamelBak Hydration Pack.
- 3. Skip the elevator and take the stairs, or park at the far end of the parking lot. Even these simple changes can make a difference in a person’s overall health. Try using a pedometer to track total steps, distance, and calories burned.
- 4. Stop procrastinating and sign up for that gym membership. Take advantage of new apparel innovations, like a sports bra or top, to get excited and see how form and function can help during a workout.
- 5. Nothing is more empowering than strapping on a pair of (pink) boxing gloves and taking a workout into the ring. Stay focused on fitness goals and release any built up tension on the bag.
- 6. Set aside some time to concentrate on relaxation and breathing on a mat. A yoga class can benefit both physical and mental health.
- 7. Stand up for women’s health by enjoying a day of stand-up paddling—but don’t be afraid to get wet! This is a great activity to enjoy with a group of friends, and all it requires is a bathing suit, board, and paddle.
- 8. Take on the intensity of a spinning class, or enjoy a bike ride outdoors. For muscle support, find a pair of spin shorts before any ride.
- 9. For a fun, light-hearted approach, pick up a hula hoop or jump rope for a cardio session with friends or kids. Stay motivated by putting on some upbeat music.
- 10. Challenge friends to a tennis match and some healthy competition. Just pick up a racquet and head to the court.