Calorie Count Releases Health and Wellness App for iPad
Calorie Count, a free award-winning health and wellness Web site with more than 3.1 million members, has launched its first app for iPad, designed to help members easily and quickly track their progress with tools and functionality that complement the iPad.
Using the app, one of the first health and wellness products to offer a one-tap logging system, members can record meals and food items with just one touch, by selecting from a list of recently- or frequently-logged items. The app’s flat design experience enables members to move quickly and seamlessly between sections without navigating to a new page.
“Our apps are designed to provide Calorie Count’s members with an innovative lineup of healthy-living tools they can use wherever and whenever they choose,” said Igor Lebovic, co-founder, CalorieCount.com. “We are continuously exploring new tools and features to give our members the best experience possible. Now, with the added benefit of the one-tap food logging design, the iPad app gives users our most efficient and easy-to-use interface to date.”
The Calorie Count iPad app is the latest product in Calorie Count’s growing lineup of healthy-living tools, created to aid members as they monitor their wellness goals, seek expert nutritional advice and interact with other members of Calorie Count’s engaged community.
Calorie Count now offers mobile applications for iPhone, iPad and Android devices; each includes valuable features to help members reach their health and wellness goals easily while on the go. Features on the iPad app include:
* An easy-to-use graphical dashboard that allows users to navigate through the app while being able to quickly visualize their dieting progress;
* Automatic updating of the user’s logs across platforms;
* One of the most comprehensive nutritional analyses of food available on the Web, with more than 250,000 food items available for searching and logging;
* Tools to view current and past food, activity and weight logs;
* The ability to compare intake and daily burn expenditure using Calorie Count’s net calorie gauge;
* Access to Calorie Count's daily blog to help stay motivated and informed.