Baby Boomers Aware of Aging Parents' Needs, Yet Lack Vital Care Resources and Tools According to a Care.com Survey
Care.com senior care services support growing needs of elder population.
A burgeoning elderly population and lack of caregiving preparedness underscore the critical need for senior care resources, according to a survey conducted by Care.com, an online resource helping families connect with local caregivers for children, adults & seniors, pets and home & lifestyle.
Key findings of the survey include:
- 46 percent of respondents have a good understanding of their aging loved ones' preferences for care, but don't know the details surrounding how to proceed;
- 44 percent of respondents are tapped into their aging parents' behavioral/physical changes and are deeply concerned about their health and well being;
- 47 percent of respondents are tasked with housekeeping, transportation and financial management duties for their aging parents;
- 32 percent of respondents carry the full load of caregiving responsibilities for their aging parents; and
- 47 percent of respondents say concerns over finances and paying for long-term care are top of mind when addressing their aging loved one's care needs.
To help families who are facing these challenges, Care.com offers an array of Senior Care support services, including:
- Care.com's subscription-based service – A great solution for families who want to help their aging family member remain at home, and who have a clear sense of their care needs. Users visit Care.com, post a job request, connect with caregivers, conduct interviews and check references on their own, and finally, hire a care provider.
- Senior Care Advisors – A free service for families who need more support and guidance. Advisors conduct detailed assessments with each family over the phone and then create a customized list of potential senior care options based on the family's stated needs, preferences, and financial resources.
- Senior Care Planning Services – Offered primarily as an employee benefit through our Workplace Solutions program. Employers contract with Care.com to provide in-depth senior care planning support to their employees, helping to create clear, customized action plans, resulting in significant time savings and reduced stress for their workforce. This service is also available to consumers who need a deeper level of support.
For full article, please click here.