7 Tips to Nap Like a Pro
1. Keep naps under half an hour. Shoot for 20 – 30 minutes.
2. If you have time for a longer nap, go for 90 minutes. This takes advantage of our body’s sleep cycles, which restart every 90 minutes.
3. Go for a short rest. No time for a nap? Shut your eyes for five or 10 minutes.
4. Have coffee before your nap. If you have trouble waking up post nap, try a cup of coffee beforehand. It takes 30 minutes to kick in, so you’ll still be able to sleep and wake up ready to go!
5. Give yourself a 4:00 pm cutoff. The middle of the afternoon is a perfect time for naps, but napping too late can interfere with your night’s sleep.
6. Don’t nap if you can’t nap. It isn’t for everyone.
7. Go for a walk outside. When napping isn’t an option, go for a walk outside to help boost your energy levels. —Source: dailyhealthpost.com